GEMCOAT™ water resistant sealer represents an innovation for enhancing our premium architectural masonry units. It is a liquid membrane sealer made of 100% acrylic polymer formulation that creates a full-gloss finish that protects and improves the appearance of architectural block.
GEMCOAT™ enhances and deepens the beauty and color of the aggregates within the masonry unit, and is the same sealer that is applied to our block units during production.
GEMCOAT™ is resistant to liquids, yet is vapor/air permeable. It provides excellent protection from the elements, such as water, alkalis, acids, air borne pollutants and ultraviolet light, without losing the clear gloss finish.
- Full-gloss finish
- Fast drying: dry to the touch in 10 to 15 minutes
- Water resistant, yet vapor and air permeable
- Meets most state and federal VOC requirements
- Cleanable with commercially available surface cleaners
- Low film build application: 5 wet mils max
1. Substrate must be dry and clean of oil and dirt.
2. Apply GEMCOAT™ using a soft brush, roller or spray.
2. Let stand for a minimum of 15 minutes.
Available in 5 gal. pails, with EZ-Pour spout.